Village Shipping Policy
Sellers must use the delivery service agreed with the buyer when the offer was accepted
To ensure a positive experience for all Village users, the delivery service agreed upon should be used and all PayPal guidelines on shipping should be followed.
What is the Village shipping policy?
Sellers must post items within the time agreed upon and within PayPal guidelines, using the delivery service agreed upon with the buyer. Sellers must:
- Review the cost and speed of postage before offering a delivery service
- Specify clearly when the item will be sent
- Post items within the handling time specified and within PayPal guidelines
- All shipping costs are included in the agreed price (i.e. are not additional charges) and only include postage charges that are actually incurred by the seller and are related to the cost of posting and handling the items being delivered
- Actual cost paid to the delivery service
- Handling costs, including the cost of packaging materials and insurance
- The actual cost of delivery confirmation or extra services, such as certificate of mailing, certified mail, collect delivery, delivery confirmation, registered mail, restricted delivery, return receipt, signature confirmation, special handling, or similar services
- Upload accurate tracking details to PayPal. The tracking number uploaded must match the delivery location provided in the PayPal payment.
- Mark the item as dispatched once it has been sent
- Follow all PayPal guidelines on shipping
Sellers must not:
- Use a slower delivery service than the one agreed with the buyer
- Include any additional fees for handling and packaging when offering free postage, or beyond accepted offer price
- Delay postage, even if PayPal has not made funds immediately available
Activity that doesn't follow Village’s policy could result in a range of actions including for example: administratively ending or canceling listings, hiding or demoting all listings from search results, lowering ratings, buying or selling restrictions, and account suspension. All fees paid or payable in relation to listings or accounts on which we take any action will not be refunded or otherwise credited to your account.
Why does Village have this policy?
This policy helps make Village a trustworthy way to buy and sell - it helps meet buyer expectations, helps protect sellers, helps increase buyer satisfaction and ultimately follow’s PayPal’s guidelines so that eligible transactions can benefit from PayPal’s Buyer & Seller Protection.